Saturday, September 11, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Jason Wu Ready to Wear S/S 2011

Chinese designer Jason Wu debuted his S/S 2011 Ready to Wear Collection yesterday and I am starting to realize that color is not going to be a must next year. Nude tones (and nips? 0.o) are going to be everywhere and 2011 is the year of the sheer!

Best dressed Oscar dress anyone?

It's like a blooming flower, gorgeous!


Pedals are the new ruffles

The 2011 sexy librarian look? :P


I wasn't a big fan of the turban trend but I am actually starting to like it. #1 it's great for those bad hair days, #2 it can keep your head warm in the winter, #3 I'm oriental, people won't give me looks on the subway...I think...
Nothing beats a well made pair of high waisted trousers
Oversized bows are my favorite!
I find that long jackets look great on everyone of any size, as long as you buy them in the correct size, and with definition in the waist area (like this one), it can prevent you from looking too boxy

If Mr. Wu just so happens to read this, I LOVE YOU. This was my dream fashion collection. I can honestly say that I loved every single look, he just knows how to dress a woman. Amazing. Aside from wearing the sheers without a bra/tank top of some sort, I would love to wear those suits to work. I'm a simple girl with very simple expectations and he met them. Sigh* I'm in love.. with clothes... lol
Photo credits to Style.com, view the rest of the collection here.
I rate this collection 5/5 runways! Flawless!

6 comments:

Caylen said...

Love the skeleton dress and your blog title :)!!

xx
wildheartsblog.com

SC said...

Wonderful collection. Thanks for visiting xxx

SusuanaLove said...

Jason Wu never fails to impress :)

xx

The beautiful life of A said...

love the name of your blog ;)

Abi said...

That first dress has absolutely got my attention! Love the sheer fabric and the vibrant colour. And I'm quite excited to see all these ruffles and attention to detail and textures.

stylebouquet.blogspot.com

o said...

Omgosh, I love every piece from his collection! I agree, he knows how to dress a woman:) Thanks again for dropping by my blog! I love the concept of ur blog and how it spotlights Asians:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, feel free to leave me a question or comment below and follow me on twitter @fashionableazns -Annie