Sunday, December 11, 2011

Award Show Fashion: 2011 TVB Anniversary Awards

This years TVB awards had an interesting array of gowns that were either mesmorizing or vomit inducing. You'll see what I mean...
Linda Chung won my vote for best dressed in this Barney Cheng design worth $131,000 HKD.  I am such a sucker for shiny things ;P I wish I could go back to high school (ala Never Been Kissed) just so I could go to prom again to wear this dress! FAB!
Fala Chen's sequined deep-v dress by Giorgio Armani was also a stunner but in a much more subtle way
TVB Queen, Myolie Wu accepted her award in this custom feathered Black Swan inspired design. Truly a stunning piece that looks better on video, I was surprised she could actually walk in this!
Aimee Chan always keeps it simple but not completely effortless in this lace applique dress
Sire Ma's dress was perfect for her petite body as the repetitive layered stripes gave the illusion of a longer form
Kate Tsui with Bosco Wong (aka Luke Skywalker, who stole some jewels from Princess Leia) Kate brought interest to an otherwise simple look with some major neck bling
Nancy Wu also went for a feathered look but in a white strapless gown. While this look was the top pick for many Hong Kongers, it didn't really strike me as a showstopping gown
Natalie Tong's lilac dress fit her like a glove but I'm not a total fan of the tulle at the bottom as it seems all over the place
I really like Selina Li's Grecian inspired gown with a daring leg slit, perfect amount of sexy and sparkle
Sharon Chan has gotten kind of... oh what's the word? Whorish. Sorry girl I know you want to show off your mile long legs, but I'm not interested in seeing your cooch everytime. Thanks.
Introducing.... Liza Wang, Beekeeper. Do I really have to explain why this is in this category? Ok I will. First of all it's an award show so you shouldn't really show up looking like your foil wrap from the spa wouldn't come off. And a hood? Really? Am I shaking my head? Absolutely.
Katy Kung looks like one of those kids from Toddlers and Tiaras.
 
Oh My God, Cilla looks like she has an animal stuck in her armpits -__- help them, they're trapped!

Who's your pick for best and worst dressed? Let me know in the comments below!!

8 comments:

UnA said...

Asians have the most the stylish wardrobe ever.
Thanks for sharing hun

www.thsanktuary.blogspot.com

<3

lou said...

totally agree with your choices! Spot on with all the opinions!

Michelle's Style File said...

Amazing looks here!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Melissa~ said...

"Katy Kung looks like one of those kids from Toddlers and Tiaras." Brilliant comment. LOve the firs.
Love the first and second dress. Sorry I don't know anything about asian actresses, excepet for japanesse actresses, I can do an essay about them.

Anonymous said...

delightful dresses!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Mukti Lim said...

hey I give you award, please check it out ;)
http://muimiu.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-got-some-award-part-1.html
cheers

El Diario Secreto BJD said...

Myolie Wu and Nancy Wu had the most awesome dress if you ask me, they look just rigth out of a fairly tale! ^,^'...and poor Liza Wang, she looks like a "space golden Robin Hood"... XD

em.me.ma said...

the first dress was worn by taylor swift too; so beautiful love the black feathered one too\!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, feel free to leave me a question or comment below and follow me on twitter @fashionableazns -Annie