Monday, August 29, 2011

Award Show Fashion: 14th Annual HuaBiao Film Awards

I hope the 'wrath' of Hurricane Irene didn't ruin everyone's weekend on the east coast! Thankfully I had electricity throughout otherwise I would've been super bored and wouldn't have known that there was an award show in China for the best in film! I was surprised to see how much black lace dresses there were on this red carpet, Lace is a definite must have this season! Will you be wearing it?

Yuan Li in a revealing lace dress. I know what you're thinking, "What was she thinking?!" I see Paris, I see France, I see Yuan Li's underpants! Well at least she wasn't wearing granny panties like Taylor Swift, now that would've been embarrasing! Even though I am a bit more slender than Li, I don't have the self confidence to ever wear something like this without a slip!
Zhang Ziyi in a much more modest yet still sexy gown by Tom FordZhang Jing Chu also opted for a long sleeved lace dress by Christian Dior, though I wish she had paired it with a clutch rather than a mini purse, it made it look too casual.

Cheng Ting Jia is wearing what I consider to be the perfect amount of lace on any outfit, Loved this look!
Angelababy looked youthful and chic in a lace bow adorned Valentino dress paired with a fun feathery gray clutch
Chow Yun Fat's wife also couldn't resist the urge to have a bit of lace on the bell of her sleeves, but seriously whoever dresses this woman needs to be fired. I don't think I've ever liked anything she's worn, everything is frumpy and shapeless!
Zhou Dong Yu looked age appropriate in this short black and white leaf appliqued dress

Eva Huang isn't afraid of mixing prints in this long sleeved dress
Zhou Xun is almost always in Chanel at every red carpet and it suits her perfectly
HK girl group Twins' Gillian and Charlene both opted for black dresses but Charlene wins my vote for best dressed twin in her long sheer (with a slip) dress with a sweetheart neckline.
Tang Wei (L) in Roberto Cavalli and Kara Hui both went with patterned v-neck dresses
Gong Li looked graceful and tan (even when she fell on stage lols) in this strapless black Alex Wang evening gown
Xu Fan opted for a traditional qi pao
Sammi (not afraid to admit she has a chest flatter than an airport tarmac) Cheng, shows that she's still got it at the age of 39 by wearing this forest green assymetrical cutout dress. Va-va-va-voom!
Jiang Wen Li also couldn't resist picking out a black v-neck dress for the event in Beijing
Sandra Ng, the big winner of the night, failed to impress in a plain black scoop neck dress. Yawn.
Joey Yung (L) has never been afraid to experiment with fashion but I don't really get this outfit... is she supposed to be a lamp shade? and Yumiko Cheng (R) went for a simple metallic gunmetal jumper, but homegirl forgot to accessorize!
Annie Yi chose to attend in this Christian Dior lace appliqued pastel gown that failed to really dazzle
Yang Mi went with a neutral gown that was perfect for her shape
Yan Ni went in last season's favorite nude colored dress
Michelle Yeoh (far right) who knew she was still around?! looked gorgeous in this princess pink gown with floral beading [with John Woo and his wife]
Crystal Liu looked beautiful in this soft pink tiered ruffle gown
Material Queen's Lynn Xiong glowed in her ruffled salmon gown
(Drama Fashion: Material Queen coming soon!!)
Kitty Zhang, you can;t see in this photo but this red hot dress has a long slit up to there
Liu Xiao Qing is not impressing anyone in this gold tone dress with a cape, the necklace is also too big for this dress, a dainty one goes a long way


Which lace dress was your favorite? Leave a comment below!

16 comments:

Sandra said...

Great blog!
You have the new follower!:)

Sandra
Visit my blog - http://kurmanoraktai.blogspot.com/

ChiChi81 said...

I gasped when I saw the back part of Yuan Li's lace dress. Takes a lot of guts to wear something this revealing! But I applaud her though, not a lot of Asian women have the courage to wear something this risque. And ahhh... Gong Li... ever so ethereal and gorgeous...

Cheers!

Wi
A Single Girl's Musings

Bravoe Runway said...

I like Teng Wei's dress the most...I don't know any of these stars except for Gong Li....and I love her dress. She always looks great on the red carpet!

Mani said...

Why do they all need to look so perfect?! There is more best dressed than wrong ones which is a big difference from America or even my Croatia!
The name of your blog is now justified! :)
Great post!

hugs and kisses by Manii.

Hello Naka said...

i love Zhang Ziyi's dress and her purse :3 thanks for thecomment too :)

f i o n a (miss.tea) said...

ooh i like the lace train of zhang ziyi's dress! also great "suit" pun, it made me laugh :D xx misstea & co.

Anonymous said...

omg yea... yuan li's underpants are...um...very clearly shown O.o

zhang ziyi looks GORG <3 and Zhou Dong Yu is just too cute!!! yang mi and zhou xun look fab as well!

Michelle's Style File said...

Stunning dresses here!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

noone said...

Yang Mi's gown is my favourite! some of the ones are strange like the white one with puff on the side!

Annie Lollapalooza said...

I agree! Charlene looks so pretty and sweet here =)
I'm not usually a fan of sheer slip dress but she pulls it off nicely!
although Joey Yung's shoes and dress aren't exactly red carpet like, I do adore the heels for a dinner party or something!

Secret Dream World of Fe said...

OMG they're all are so gorgeous it's difficult for me to pick my favorite! Zhang Zi Yi is an image of perfection!

Natali said...

Hello!! Yes, I will attend Fashion Night Out!! Do you have anyone to go with?? Mind to go with me too??

Unknown said...

Yang Mi! Loving that dress!
Simple but stunning!!!

Great post!:)

xoxo
Antonia

FASHION IMPERATIVE

derek said...

omg. . . she should have wore a pair of nude spanx or undies instead haha

rosapelsblog said...

i love your blog !!! i follow you !

DarKScoRpioN said...

Lynn Xiong Dai Lin absolutely rocks. She is an absolute stunner. Love her acting as Ip Man's Wife. Hope to see more of her movies. Check out 40 of her beautiful scans here. http://singaporetrends.com/sg/2011/11/lynn-hung-once-modelled-in-ultra-revealing-clothes-check-out-40-beautiful-scans/

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, feel free to leave me a question or comment below and follow me on twitter @fashionableazns -Annie